The super lovely and inspiring Gemma at Impress when you dress nominated me for a Reality Blogger Award! Be sure to check out her blog, her fashion illustrations are fantastic and she has some serious style. She is only 17 but has a bright future ahead, she is very talented! And she looks so cute too!!!
Here are the rules to follow for this Award:
- Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and link back to them (tick!)
- Answer the 5 questions presented (see below…)
- Nominate 5 bloggers for the award and notify them on their blogs. (see below)
- Copy and paste the award on your blog somewhere (done)
The list of questions to answer are:
- If you could change one thing what would you change?
If I could get people to be more respectful and courteous that’s be great. Gallantry is in great danger of becoming a lost art.
- If you could repeat an age, what would it be?
I am torn between two answers here. My last year in Lycée was a fantastic time, I had a great group of friends, good grades and life was really fancy-free (although at the time I thought life was so hard, because, you know, so-and-so had a girlfriend and wasn’t looking at me). But my first year in Cardiff was absolutely amazing as I had everything I wanted. I think I’ll have to go for the second answer- back in 2003- 10 years ago!!
- What one thing really scares you?
Mushrooms. Absolutely paralysed by them.I blame the humongously big bolets that used to spring to life in my parent’s garden. I just googled bolets and it came up with a few pictures- now I’m feeling queasy. I can’t look at Portobello mushrooms in supermarkets. I tolerate button mushrooms and will eat them though- go figure.
Big character fonts, the Honey Monster, and other, more mainstream fears such as spiders, insects, butterflies are also sources of fear. Yes, I am quite a fearful person.
- What is one dream you have not completed, and do you think you’ll be able to complete it?
One of my dream was to be a journalist one day. It never happened but I find blogging to be a good compromise. I would love to take the time to write a novel and get it published. It’s only up to me to find the time to sit down and write something good enough to convince a publisher!
Well, and I’d also like to get married one day and have children.
I have lots of other dreams, but these two are definitely the most achievable ones. I don’t think I’ll ever make a living off my sewing!
- If you could be someone else for one day, who would it be?
If I could travel back in time and be someone else for one day, I think I’d like to be Colleen Moore!!
Or Bette Bright! She’s super, and she married Suggs, so I’d love to be her for one day🙂
Now it’s my turn to nominate 5 bloggers!
- Well I could not possibly NOT nominate my super dupa friend Tors from Girl Meets Wolf. She is one of the loveliest people that I know, she has great taste and she is just so inspirational!!! Her blog has posts on all sort of subjects, from house renovation to easy make-up routines, style, vintage clothes, inspiration from the internet and her dog is the most awesome dog ever. Go check her blog out!!!
- I have only recently discovered Rike from Draped in Cloudlets, her blog is stunningly beautiful with lots and lots of gorgeous pictures and drawings. I also absolutely adore her vintage style, very feminine and graceful.
- SallyAnn from Photographic Memories . I am rubbish at photography myself but love to look at SallyAnn’s blog, her latest posts about Conisbrough Castle are full of amazing pictures.
- Another recent discovery, Le journal d’Elynor a great blog in French focused on History and Vintage fashion. Again this is a recent discovery but I have already learnt so much from her blog. It’s also nice to see that there is a Vintage scene in France- although I don’t think it’s as big as in the UK…
- And finally, Fashion For Lunch! Because I love her quirky style.